Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Isn't it dangerous to use cortizone cream on a baby?

I was always told on my pediatrician not to use cortizone cream on children under 6 because it was steroids and could cause harm to the child. The label on the tube says not to use it on children also.


My friend tells me that I'm crazy, and put it on her infant grandaughter for diaper rash (her know-it-all daughter who is perfect and an expert in everything said it was ok to do).....Any doctors have any advice on this?Isn't it dangerous to use cortizone cream on a baby?
My daughter has eczema and since she was 4 months old the doctor has told me that during red, itchy outbreaks I can put hydrocortizone 1% creme on the areas 2 times each day, but he told me to avoid using it in her diaper area.Isn't it dangerous to use cortizone cream on a baby?
I'm not a doctor, but my doctor recently (last week) told me to put Hydrocortisone cream on my babies cheek to get rid of a rash. He's 5 months old. I've always used it on my children.
my doctor said that I could use 1% Hydro-cortizone cream on my doctors cheeks for her excema.
My son's Pediatrician actually told us to use cortizone cream on our sons bottom [when he was 1 1/2 months old] because he had a small rash.
My doctor recommended it for baby's yeast infection (not for diaper rash, though). I don't think it's something you're supposed to use excessive amounts of all the time, but a lot of docs do seem to prescribe it. Isn't it amazing how different doctors can have such different views of things?
My doctor prescribed it to myu daughter at about 4months for excema, but i was told not to use it for more than a few days in a row beacuse of the steroids in it.
  • internet
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment