Saturday, December 26, 2009

Side effect from Hydroquinone cream?

My doctor prescribed me HQRA cream (4%) for a dark patch of skin i developed over my upper lip. He said it was a mix between too much estrogen in my body with sun damage. It looks like a mustache!





anyways, i tried it two nights ago for the first time and I woke up with a HUGE red line above my upper lip! It looks like I've been drinking Kool-Aid for a month straight! Obviously this too is very embaressing.





Has anyone ever had this reaction to the cream before? what can I do to get rid of it? it's still there!Side effect from Hydroquinone cream?
Yes, I have had a bad reaction from hydroquinone. I had a very clear face and the hydroquinone's peroxcidical properties caused a reaction on my cheeks giving me whiteheads all over the cheeks. Although the reaction is nothing like yours, it is quite clear that hydroquinone doesn't suit your skin. You should go to the dermatologist again and ask for an alternate medicine. There are some over the counter medicines that fade marks like


* Palmer's fade marks cream


*Prefer-on scar stick (it works great)*


*Aveeno Clear Complexion moisturizing pads


and many more ... just google ';cure for dark marks';





But since you have a reaction, I suggest to consult a doctor before using any of the above mentioned creams.





Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment