Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dog swallowed a dime size amount of cortizone cream - dog weights about 85 lbs. But shows no signs of sick?

He seems heavy enough (and I'm sure he's fine), but you should take him to the vet just in case.





Better safe than sorry.Dog swallowed a dime size amount of cortizone cream - dog weights about 85 lbs. But shows no signs of sick?
Call an emergency Vet and ask him this question or else the poison control agency in your area.Dog swallowed a dime size amount of cortizone cream - dog weights about 85 lbs. But shows no signs of sick?
Watch the dog. Stay very close to it. I wouldn't take it to the vet. 85 lbs. is a big dog. It probably won't hurt him at all. If it starts to get unusually sleepy or sick then take it but, chocolate is suppsed to be real deadly right? My boyfriend bought me a 1 lb. chocolate bar. My dog of course ate it. She only weighed 45 lbs at the time but they said it wasn't enough to hurt her. Nothing changed. Now I wouldn't suggest that anyone give their dog chocolate, some react differently than others. But the bigger the dog, the safer they are with that kind of stuff.
It's non-toxic.


He'll be fine.
Feed your dog, make sure he has something in his stomach other than the ointment, he will be fine.
He will be just fine. That amount of cream will not do any harm to your dog. if you see any adverse signs of coerce call your vet. I seriously doubt you'll see any.
Tell your dog I said he's got really BAD sense of taste.





Cortisone cream is used on dogs all the time to help heal skin problems, and, being dogs, they always lick it... so it wouldn't be used if it was toxic.





I doubt it's the best thing for the dog to swallow, but I doubt it will harm him. I googled and didn't find any articles on dogs being harmed by ingesting cortisone cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment