Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Would or will cortizone cream hurt my dog?

my yorkie is going nuts iching and biting himself. 2 vet visits haven't helped with his rash and abrasions. i've tried 3 different shampoos with no success. was wondering if some type of cream might give him relief. cortizone, benedryl, etc... could possibly help, but im afraid to use it. he might lick it off and get sick. so anwer me yahooligans. lol.Would or will cortizone cream hurt my dog?
No the cortizone won't hurt. I have a beagle and she was getting hot spots under her belly, the vet said to try the cortizone and I have even used gold bond powder to relieve the itching.





Good LuckWould or will cortizone cream hurt my dog?
I don't know about the cortizone, call a vet and ask or google it. But as for the itchy skin, I had a dog with the same problem and I couldn't figure out why his ';fleas'; wouldn't go away. Well someone mentioned that it might be allergies and not fleas. I changed his dog food and it helped SO much. It went away completely. I read that dogs can have allergies to the grain in cheap dog food. Just thought I'd share:) Good luck





OH and my grandma uses cortizone on her dog and so far it hasn't killer her... But my grandma does alot of weird things. lol. Just call the vets office

No comments:

Post a Comment